Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Where Has My Passion Gone?

I remember being passionate when I was younger. I used to go overboard, I would say now, but I got excited about things. I wish I got excited about things now. I tend to let myself get numb rather than to enjoy life now and work for a better future. I think there must be a way to tap into a real passion and excitement about life, but I must be drinking from the wrong well. I have a hunch that it involves thinking and meditating on transcendent truths and on God's character Himself and also in tapping into my emotions somehow through things like music and poetry. Another thing that might help is solitude and silence and seeing God's creation and drinking that in. Another idea I have is to be honest about where I'm at with a few people and make sure that I don't hold grudges against people. Unforgiveness destroys life; it makes our love grow cold. I don't want that anymore.

No comments: