Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Learning to Love Fruitfulness More Than Leisure

On Sunday I listened to some shows on www.youtube.com about goal setting. I've been realizing that I tend to love leisure rather than productivity, which when taken to excess is not a wise way to live. I am trying to change my way of thinking to appreciate the fruit I see when I choose to sow energy into different endeavors with the expectation of future success in those endeavors, or fruitfulness. It's a tough thing for me to change, but I want my life to mean something so I will keep working on it. Also, I've been realizing that it's good and proper to take time for recreation, especially as a reward after working on something, but not to make it a staple diet. I sometimes don't plan on ways to reward myself for hard work and that is not good either.

No comments: