Saturday, January 3, 2009

How I See God Affects Everything Else in My Life

Lately, I've been reading again The Knowledge of the Holy by A. W. Tozer. It's a book that attempts to describe several of God's attributes such as His eternity, His transcendence, His holiness, and His love. Although I've read it a few times, I like to reread it to help remind myself of God's attributes. It's amazing how my attitude toward life changes as I take time to think about what God is like.

This time through so far I've been struck by by God's wisdom and His power. I sometimes doubt in my heart whether God is truly in control of the world and if He is intelligent enough to handle all of the problems that occur. I am more convinced now that God is infinitely wise and powerful even over seemingly uncontrollable situations (to me, anyway). This gives me comfort and it helps me be more believing in prayer. It means a lot to me to understand that how I view God affects my whole outlook on my life. It also helps me feel safer knowing that God is powerful even over things like suffering and over so-called chance and powerful beings like Satan. God is truly worthy of worship and service! There is no one like Him!

No comments: